Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (8): Desires of the Dead



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on:

Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting
Releases February 15, 2011

The missing dead call to Violet. They want to be found.

When Violet Ambrose's morbid ability to sense the echoes of those who've been murdered leads her to the body of a young boy, she draws the attention of the FBI. She is reluctantly pulled into an investigation that will endanger more than just her secret... but her relationship and possibly her life as well.

Why I'm waiting on Desires of the Dead:

Okay really, do I need to explain? :P Anyone who knows me knows that one of my favorite reads of 2010 was The Body Finder. I gush about The Body Finder like a lunatic. I stalk Kimberly Derting like a creeper. Do I need to explain even more? xD Well, okay... There was so much promise in Violet and Jay's relationship. While I thought The Body Finder would have been a great standalone, I have to admit that I'm dying to see what Kimberly whips up for them next. Kimberly is such a lovely writer and can keep you guessing. And wtf is it Feb. 15 yet? But no, really, I have some high (not too high, but high!) expectations of DotD. :) 

What are YOU waiting on this Wednesday? :)