Sunday, January 30, 2011

In My Mailbox (12)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren with inspiration from Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.

The idea of IMM is to encourage blogger interaction and expose books to our readers' attention. You aren't limited to books that you've received via mail; you can also include books you've bought or checked out at the library.



I'm sure most of you know that I've been semi-MIA the past week/two weeks. I've been busy with... (get ready for it; it's gonna shock you!) social life. I know, I know. What social life? I had no idea I had one of those things, either. I'm sure it'll dump me once school starts again, so you'll have me back full force until mid-terms. :)

Also, my sister-in-law went into labor yesterday (or last night... I forget; it's Saturday morning at 4:30AM as I type this up), so I've been busy with all the baby-stuff - baby proofing, buying clothes/cribs/whatever we didn't get from the baby shower, etc. I BARELY just got home from the hospital because my brother figured I may as well come back when she is actually in the process to give birth. When I left, they had just given her an epidural and she's barely 4cm, so the nurse told us that we'd probably have an late morning/early afternoon birth (on Saturday). So, why am I not sleeping, since I just spent almost 12 hours in the hospital, you ask? Oh, cause I didn't want to leave my blog so empty for so long. xD Plus I've never missed IMM three weeks in a row.

This week's IMM covers last week and this week. Both were SUPER AWESOME weeks. The first week, I received a package from HarperCollins and Candlewick that I had no idea was coming, because the publishers never replied to my requests. I never knew pubs send books even if they don't reply -- I just thought I was ignored/denied, so I got over it. So you can imagine my shock when my bundle came! I think I prefer it better not knowing what/when I'm getting a book! :) It makes receiving it a lot better!

ANYWAY. Enough rambling. Here's my IMM. <3

For Review:

What Comes After by Steve Watkins (Candlewick Press)
Entwined by Heather Dixon (Greenwillow)
Rival by Sara Bennet Wealer (HarperTeen)
Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin (Bloomsbury)
Mad Love by Suzanne Selfors (Bloomsbury)
Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper (Bloomsbury)


You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaudoin (Little Brown)
Immortalis Carpe Noctem by Katie Salidas

From Giveaways:
I won a box of books from Danielle @ Romance Book Junkies. Thank you again, Danielle!

Angels Fall by Nora Roberts
Blue Smoke by Nora Roberts
Remember When by Nora Roberts and J. D. Robb
High Noon by Nora Roberts
Hidden Riches by Nora Roberts
Worth the Risk by Nora Roberts
Reunion by Nora Roberts
The MacKade Brothers: Rafe and Jared by Nora Roberts
Dead of Night by Nora Roberts and J. D. Robb
Black Hills by Nora Roberts
The Gift by Nora Roberts

I also won a box of books from Silver @ Penumbra.

A Desperate Journey by Debra Parmley
Secret Obsessions by Leigh Wyndfield
The Heat Chronicles by Leigh Wyndfield
Leap of Faith by Arianna Hart
No One Left To Tell by Jordan Dane
Evil Without a Face by Jordan Dane
Talk of the Town by Karen Hawkins
Lucky Charm by Carly Phillips
Lucky Streak by Carly Phillips
Catch a Mate by Gena Showalter
Out of Sight by Cherry Adair
Faerie Fate by Silver James
Christmas Delivery by Patricia Rosemoor
Dark Deceiver by Pamela Palmer


Minding Ben by Victoria Brown (Pub sweepstakes)
The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens (Randombuzzers)

From my awesometastic, amazing, coolio, hip, bombshell of a friend, Rob, whom I love very, very much:

The Lost Saint by Bree Despain (I KNOW, I can't believe he sent me it, either!)

I got my Candlewick/HarperTeen bundle and a box of books one week, and the next was the Bloomsbury bundle and the other box of books. So both were very exciting weeks. ♥

What did you all get in your mailbox this week? ♥