Thursday, February 10, 2011

Interview with Sean Beaudoin

As you guys know, Sean Beaudoin stopped by on Tuesday for a guest post, talking about his book You Killed Wesley Payne. However, we had a bit of "technical" difficulties because someone (I promise, it was not me!) slipped him three bottles of Rush soda. So he's back again today - "sober" this time - for an interview!



You Killed Wesley Payne. Can you be trusted?
Definitely not. Hide your IP address. Hide your dog. Hide in the closet. My book and I are coming.

Do you drink Rush?
I had my entire circulatory system drained by a Ukrainian surgeon years ago and replaced all my blood with Rush. I have to get topped off now and again, but it’s great for my overall productivity.

What would you do if I told you I didn't like Voltaire?
Tell you that if you buy three (3) copies of You Killed Wesley Payne I will no longer like Voltaire, either. Or slap you on the cheek with a white lace glove and challenge you to a duel with condiments at twelve paces.

What is your favorite Pulp noir? 
I love Dashiell Hammett. One of my favorite writers of all time. Jim Thompson’s The Killer Inside Me is also sort of the Rosetta Stone of Hard Boil.

What is your favorite existential novel?
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson

What clique would you be in at Salt River? Why?
KokRock City. Because of all the bad bands I’ve been in, and all the good bands I always fantasized about joining.

If you could go on a lunch date with anyone in your book, who would you choose? What would you do, say, or eat?
Choose: Cassiopeia Jones, head of Foxxes.
Do: Flirt.
Say: Bad things about Dalton Rev.
Eat: Nothing, so my breath retains its minty freshness.

What do you think Wesley would say to Dalton at the end of the novel?
“You owe me 73, 614. 62 in book royalties. I do not accept checks. The money needs to be in my crypt by noon on Friday, or I will not participate in the sequel.”

www.seanbeaudoin.com
http://twitter.com/#!/seanbeaudoin
http://www.facebook.com/SeanBeaudoin?ref=ts



I dunno about you guys, but I'm absolutely stoked that there's going to be a sequel! Thank you so much for joining us, Sean!

If you'd like to read my review of You Killed Wesley Payne, click here