This week's question is:
What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?
I've only ever lost one follower (*knocking on wood just in case*) so far. At first, I got a little hurt because I wasn't sure why they stopped following. Were my reviews bad? Was I not coming out with enough reviews per week? Did I lack interesting content? Did I offend them in some way? Then I realized that I have a ton of amazing followers already - among them are a couple I've been lucky to befriend! What is one, or two, or fifty lost followers when I have "regulars" (well, so-to-speak) that I love? Besides, I don't even know who left. Why get upset over an unknown? (I'm sure if someone I know/love/talk to a lot un-followed me, I'd be more than hurt, but we'll cross that bridge when - if - we get to it). Is there even a way to know who stopped following your blog? o_O
I've never stopped following a blog. I'm sure my ginormous "follow" list on my profile is a testament to that. :)
Follow Friday is a weekly meme posted on Friday's that is hosted by Parajunkee @ Parajunkee's View. To join, all you have to do is follow the host and the week's featured blogger. Then put your name on the linky, grab the button, and follow, follow, follow as many people as you can! If someone comments and say they're following you, be a dear and follow back -- it's all about spreading the love during Follow Friday! :)
This week's question is:
Oh, geez. I'll ramble your heads off if I answer this question fully. I'll try to narrow it down to five.
Who are your favorite authors??
1. Anne McCaffrey - she's always, always, always been at the top of my list. I fell in love with her Dragonrider of Pern series when I was EIGHT. I'm almost 21. Her writing is superb, her story-telling and ability to weave a semi-plausible world out of nothing is hardly short of epic. If you guys have NOT read Anne McCaffrey's DRoP series, I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend it. Ask my good friend Emi @ Oktupus Ink. I love this series so much I sent her a dang 4-page Word message about it. Love Anne. She's 85 and still chugging on with her novels! Ugh, so much love.
2. Tamora Pierce - another author I fell in love with as a kid. Her novels are fabulous! I recommend the Lioness Quartet and the Immortals quartet. :)
3. Victor Hugo - do I have to comment why I love him?
4. Aprilynne Pike - I absolutely adore her. Her Wings series is what got me into blogging in the first place. I fell in love with it - hook, line, and total sinker. I'm sure she thinks I'm some creeper - I'm already a mad-obsessed fan-girl when it comes to her work!
5. Albert Camus - Just. Ugh. <3 The Stranger was so... I'm speechless. The rambler. Yeah, he's that good.