Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday (6)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on:


Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
Releases December 1, 2010

Things in Delilah Hannaford's life have a tendency to fall apart.

She used to be a good student, but she can't seem to keep it together anymore. Her "boyfriend" isn't much of a boyfriend. And her mother refuses to discuss the fight that divided their family eight years ago. Falling apart, it seems, is a Hannaford tradition.

Over a summer of new friendships, unexpected romance, and moments that test the complex bonds between mothers and daughters, Delilah must face her family's painful past. Can even her most shattered relationships be pieced together again?

Why I'm waiting on Fixing Delilah:
Actually, this book comes out today! I was going to feature this book as last week's WoW, but I was busy studying (who does that nowadays?). Since I'm still currently studying and can't go down to Borders anyway, I'm technically still waiting to get my copy. :P It counts, right?

Ever since I read Sarah Ockler's Twenty Boy Summer (you can read my review of it here; show it some love), I've been absolutely obsessed with Sarah. It's like she writes stories that were meant for me. First, death with Twenty Boy Summer. Now, loss and a life that falls apart with Fixing Delilah. If Fixing Delilah is anywhere near as wonderful as Twenty Boy Summer, I'm sure I'll love it!

I actually found some early copies of Fixing Delilah at my local Borders when I went on my birthday (27th). I would have picked up a copy if I had money. But anyway, it's standing right next to two aweeeesome books.


What are YOU waiting on this Wednesday? :)

19 comments:

Little Miss Becky said...

Great pick!! I still need to read Twenty Boy Summer but this one looks amazing, too!

Molliwobbles said...

Normally I wouldn't be waiting on anything... but on this particular Wednesday I'm waiting on the satisfaction of hearing that I am completely done with student teaching. Haha.

I found your blog through your interest in A Beautiful Mind; great movie! Just thought I'd stop in and say hello!

Kai Agito said...

RAWR! I have Twenty Boy Summer but I haven't read it... *hides* I've had my eyes on Fixing Delilah for ages! I'll pick it up soon! Hopefully. :)

Jan von Harz said...

I have this one on pre-order as part of the Contemps Challenge, can't wait. Lucky you already have yours.

Jenny said...

I have yet to read any Sarah Ockler and I know I need to fix that asap! I love when the bookstores put books out a little early, that always makes my day:) Great choice Kristina!

Cass said...

I bought Twenty Boy Summer is paperback, so now I'll have to wait for the paperback of Fixing Delilah. It looks beautiful!!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This sounds fascinating...love that cover!

Here's mine:

http://lindsaymalone.wordpress.com/2010/12/01/waiting-on-wednesday-dec-1/

TheBookGirl said...

I have seen this one around and thought it looked really interesting.
Hope you have time soon to run out and get a copy :)

Anonymous said...

I am really excited for this one too! I am unsure as to when I will pick it up though xD Ooh I love Troy High and Twenty Boy Summer ;)

Aimee said...

This sounds interesting! Not my usual genre, but I am intrigued!

My WoW is Last Sacrifice

nomadreader said...

I still haven't read Twenty Boy Summer, but everyone seems to love it! I hope you enjoy this one just as much!

Straylights said...

I have Twenty Boy Summer still sitting on my shelf :( wah wah wah.


I really like this cover though, I've always wanted to know how to make those paper people and I envy the people who know how to do it! Witches I bet ;)

Demitria said...

Still need to read Twenty Boy Summer...love that cover as well.

Jen Bigheart said...

I have this book and need to read it! No time!

Jen @ I Read Banned Books

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristina! Thank you so much for mentioning Fixing Delilah! I hope you love it as much as you loved Twenty Boy Summer!

Sincerely,
Sarah Ockler

Sniffly Kitty said...

I think anything that you are still trying to get your hands on counts as waitng heh especially since this one has only just been released.

Sniffly Kitty
Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books
Btw, I'm starting a new meme called Third Sentence Thursdays

Emi said...

I'm waiting for too many books. Most of which won't come out until next October. D:

bookaddict4real said...

Hi I was stopping by to let you know I am giving you the Versatile Blogger Award and Congradulations

Cialina at Muggle-Born.net said...

Hi! Just stopping by because I think you are so awesome. :)
Studying has gotten to me too and I haven't had a chance to read novels all week. :( Finals suck!
I've seen this book around but I don't know if it's my kind of book. I usually shy away from contemporary unless I know I love the author.

I hope you get a chance to pick up a copy this weekend, if you haven't already.

Post a Comment

Hello, readers! ♥ Thank you for taking the time to comment! I try to return the favor as much as I can. :)

Remember that if you're entering for a giveaway or for whatever other reason, leave your e-mail in the following format: helloxthere[at]gmail[dot]com.

Thanks for stopping by! ♥