Friday, September 17, 2010

2010 Debut Author Challenge



2010 Debut Author Challenge is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.


I'm really, really, really late to this challenge, as the end of 2010 is rapidly approaching. I'm still really new to blogging, so I haven't been exposed to as many things as I'd like to be. So, while I've seen these buttons for the challenge up, I never really considered doing it myself. But this looks like a fun challenge, and I'm already planning to read some debut novels. Why not, right? :)

The Challenge: The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year. Reviews must be submitted via Mr. Linky. Novels read MUST be from a debut author in 2010.

My List:

  1. Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson
  2. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
  3. Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
  4. Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis
  5. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
  6. Sea by Heidi R. Kling
  7. Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
  8. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
  9. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
  10. Everlasting by Angie Frazier
  11. Minder by Kate Kaynak
  12. The Familiars by Adam Jay Epstein
I have a larger list located under my Challenges page. This will be where all my challenge updates will go after this post. Will I get to all of the ones under my Challenges page? Psh, heck no. The list reflected here is a more realistic list (my free time is limited) and will probably be the one I go by (since I have most of the books, anyway). 


More information about this contest can be found here, and sign-ups are located here. :)

3 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

I'm afraid to say I have only heard of one of these books/authors so I'm really looking forward to your reviews. Good luck with the challenge.

Hillary said...

I just got back into blogging a month ago so I am waiting till the new year for challenges. Good luck on this one!

Kristina Barnes♥ said...

I'll be glad to share my views on them with you! Maybe get you to pick up a few of them. :)

I was going to do the same, Hillary, but I was combing through my next reads that I had picked up from the library and realized that 5/6 of them were Debut Authors. So I thought... Yknow, why not? :P At least I'll for sure get these ones out of the way. :)

Post a Comment

Hello, readers! ♥ Thank you for taking the time to comment! I try to return the favor as much as I can. :)

Remember that if you're entering for a giveaway or for whatever other reason, leave your e-mail in the following format: helloxthere[at]gmail[dot]com.

Thanks for stopping by! ♥