Thursday, September 9, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Disaster!


You’ve just dropped your favorite, out-of-print book into a bathtub, ruining it completely … What do you do now?


I'd turn into a Mexican soap opera celebrity. 

I'd try to catch it, screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" in slow motion. I'd nearly miss the book with my fingertips as it splashes into the steaming bath water. My thoughts would be paralyzed with panic and I'd stare at the place my book had submerged at, then once time and my mind unfroze, I'd fish it out as rapidly as I could. Without drying myself off, I'd lay the ruined book on the floor, get on my knees, and scream up at the ceiling, "POR QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!??!?!?!". I'd start sobbing over the loss of my out-of-print book. RIP book.

Events are based on a true story.



I thankfully doubt this would happen, though, because I would never read in the bathtub. After my first mishap over my favorite book, I decided it'd be best to never try that again. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess if a owned an out-of-print book and that happened I might have the same reaction. You can see my response at http://pageflippinaddict.wordpress.com/2010/09/10/booking-through-thursday-disaster/

Post a Comment

Hello, readers! ♥ Thank you for taking the time to comment! I try to return the favor as much as I can. :)

Remember that if you're entering for a giveaway or for whatever other reason, leave your e-mail in the following format: helloxthere[at]gmail[dot]com.

Thanks for stopping by! ♥