Sunday, September 26, 2010

Contest Craze Mini Challenge #1

The Contest Craze is hosted by Princess Bookie. You can check out details here.

For today's challenge, all you have to do is pick your top 5 most wanted books of 2011 and why you want them. I already had 3 in my mind before I even considered entering the challenge. To be honest, I had a hard time choosing only five.

5. Awakened by P.C. and Kristin Cast(House of Night #8) 
Releases January 4, 2011
Definitely my guilty pleasure novel -- so many people scorn my love for the HoN series! I absolutely adore it, though. Zoey returns from the Otherworld after suffering the loss of her human consort and ex-boyfriend, Heath. To be honest, I just want to find out what happens between Zoey and Stark (in the throngs of Zoey's MANY men, I'm Team Stark all the way). I really also want to know what happens between Stevie Rae and Rephaim as they struggle through their budding romance and differing allegiances. 

4. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa (Iron Fey #3)
Releases February 1, 2011
I'm not anticipating this much as I should, seeing as I have it on number four. I just really want to see how Julie Kagawa wraps up the final decision Meghan made in Never Never. I don't see how she can avoid going back to Never Never, as she's obviously needed there. I'm also holding on to the small sliver of hope that Meghan regains her senses and swings back to Puck. I always seem to go for the "under-dog", because I'm whole-heartedly Team Puck. =x




3. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Releases January 4, 2011
I mostly chose this because the cover is gorgeous beyond belief. I was blown away when I first saw it. Then I started seeing good reviews popping up left and right like candy. I've never read a book about angels, really (I haven't had a chance to get Halo), so I'm really intrigued about the plot. An added plus is it's partially set in California, and I gotta say I always have Californian pride when I'm reading books. =P! 




2. Blackveil by Kristen Britain (Green Rider #4) [cover not revealed]
Releases February 2011
Ohhh. Myyy. Gooooodness. I can't even begin to tell you how much I want this release so badly. I first read the first book to the series almost 10 years ago (it was published in 2000) and third book three years ago. So I have been waiting a long ass time for Blackveil! I love the Green Rider series so much -- it's absolutely amazing, and it's a shame I don't hear this book talked about more. I can't wait to see what happens with Karigan. I need to know what's going on with Alton (I'm rooting for a KariganxAlton pairing), and the whole weird King Zachary-Estora-Karigan triangle.

1. Illusions by Aprilynne Pike (Wings #3) [cover not revealed, but will be in December of this year!]
Releases May 8, 2011
This book couldn't be released fast enough. I would give an arm or a leg to get this book. I haven't loved a series as much as I've loved Aprilynne Pike's series since Anne McCaffrey's Dragonrider of Pern series. That is saying a lot. Her series was admittedly the first faerie book I read (which led me to Julie Kagawa's series later) and is the reason I came across wonderful things like Goodreads, and book bloggers, and authors interacting with their fans. She started it all for me, basically. :P Anyway, on to the book. She left it on a cliffhanger (which she admitted to not consciously doing -- she didn't think it was that big) that is making me itch in my seat right now, thinking about it. I also want to see what happens in the Laurel-David-Tamani triangle. I wanted to smack Laurel when she chose David. I'm so hardcore Team Tamani that I boycotted reading David's scenes on my second and third re-reads (not that my boycott did anything but make me feel better about LaurelxTamani). I hope this novel incorporates more Avalon in its story and less human world, because the portion we got of Avalon in the second book made me want more! Did I mention I want to know what the deal with the cliffhanger is?! I absolutely CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS BOOK, so much so that I had to caps it.

Other books I can't wait for, but didn't list:
1. Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
2. Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
3. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
4. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
5. The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
6. Fourth book to the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini
7. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
8. Entwined by Heather Dixon


Aaaaand I should probably stop there before my list exceeds 50. :/ There are many, many, MANY more. 

What are your most anticipated books of 2011? Let me know, and then head over and enter Princess Bookie's contest, yourselves! :)

2 comments:

Angela Tolsma said...

Wow you have some series I haven't even heard of yet. I will definitely need to start looking!! So I can enjoy these new releases with you!!

And I totally can not wait to find out what happens between Zoey and Stark!!

Kristina Barnes♥ said...

I wouldn't be surprised if the series you haven't heard of was the Green Riders xD Not many know about it. I only stumbled on the series because my 10 year old self really liked pretty covers, and the first book had a pretty cover. :P If you mean Wings, though, you definitely have to check it out!

Yay another ZoeyxStark fan! <3 High five! :P

Post a Comment

Hello, readers! ♥ Thank you for taking the time to comment! I try to return the favor as much as I can. :)

Remember that if you're entering for a giveaway or for whatever other reason, leave your e-mail in the following format: helloxthere[at]gmail[dot]com.

Thanks for stopping by! ♥