Thursday, September 16, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Day and Night


“I couldn't sleep a wink, so I just read and read, day and night… it was there I began to divide books into day books and night books,” she went on. “Really, there are books meant for daytime reading and books that can be read only at night.” 
-The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera, p. 103.
Do you divide your books into day and night reads? How do you decide? 


I don't normally divide my books into day and night books. I just read one book at a time, usually. Whenever I can spare time to read, I'll read, regardless of time. I don't normally read all through the night, except for books that have me really hooked (the Vampire Academy and House of Night series come to mind :P). I do, however, try to save the more scary books for the daytime. I can't do horror or scary AT ALL, and I'm pretty sure I'd freak out too much if I read them during the night. Twilight scared me when I read it at night. Pathetic, right? 


What about you all? Do you guys divide your books into day and night? Let me know! :)

5 comments:

Anne said...

Ditto. Books that are scary are best read during the day.

My BTT.

Natalie W said...

Well I like reading scary books at night but no i don't divide night and day books.
I have read that people will read light books at night, nothing sad or scary, that makes sense.
Natalie :0)

resugo said...

I stay away from scary! I was reading 7 Souls the other night and it's not what I'd consider horror, but when the lights went out, it kind of scared me.

I don't split books up either. One at a time kind of girl

Lori said...

I don't divide my books by day or night. Here is my answer for Booking Through Thursday.

Kristina Barnes♥ said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is afraid to read scary books at night! :P My friends used to make fun of me when I couldn't read a required reading book (ex. Dracula, rofl) at night. =x

I would have totally FLIPPED if the lights had gone out while I was reading something even slightly scary, Resugo! :P

Post a Comment

Hello, readers! ♥ Thank you for taking the time to comment! I try to return the favor as much as I can. :)

Remember that if you're entering for a giveaway or for whatever other reason, leave your e-mail in the following format: helloxthere[at]gmail[dot]com.

Thanks for stopping by! ♥